Favorites folder unstable Outlook2010

Old April 24th 13, 09:19 AM
Ludo_Beckers Ludo_Beckers is offline
Junior Member

Default Favorites folder unstable Outlook2010

I have a favorites folder with about 6 different subfolders.
Sometimes they're gone; this happens once every fortnight more or less.

When I then right-click one of the folders that's not in the Fav anymore, it doesn't say "add to favorites", but instead has the option "remove from favorites".

1 - why do the subfolders keep dissappearing?
This has been going on for months
2 - how come Outlook still "thinks" they're in the Fav-folder?
I have to first click "remove"-option before I can re-add, which is quite a ridiculous situation.
Old May 20th 13, 10:26 AM
amanda_lakai amanda_lakai is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludo_Beckers View Post
I have a favorites folder with about 6 different subfolders.
Sometimes they're gone; this happens once every fortnight more or less.

When I then right-click one of the folders that's not in the Fav anymore, it doesn't say "add to favorites", but instead has the option "remove from favorites".

1 - why do the subfolders keep dissappearing?
This has been going on for months
2 - how come Outlook still "thinks" they're in the Fav-folder?
I have to first click "remove"-option before I can re-add, which is quite a ridiculous situation.
This might be happening due to corrupted settings or files associated with the Outlook navigation pane
You can correct the probelm by using the Outlook switch : /resetnavpane to restore the settings to default.

Follow the given steps to do so:
1. First, Exit Outlook.
2. Click on the Windows Start Menu
3. Click on Run and type outlook /resetnavpane in the box.
4. Press enter.

This will reset the Outlook navigation pane settings. I hope this will resolve your issue.
Old June 19th 13, 10:54 AM
Ludo_Beckers Ludo_Beckers is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_lakai View Post
This will reset the Outlook navigation pane settings. I hope this will resolve your issue.
I waited a while before replying to see if the solution was persistent; it is, thank you :-)