Send Not Working

Old March 10th 13, 08:29 PM
paulinphilly paulinphilly is offline
Junior Member

Default Send Not Working

On some occasions, emails in my outbox don't go. For these there is a different icon next to the message in that it has a "pen" over the letter email. The attachment shows what it looks like vs the standard icon.

I am using Windows 8 and Outlook 2013.

Any ideas why I'm getting this?

I just found out that the problem only occurs if I open an email in the Outbox and then close it. After being closed it can be sent.

My work around has been to copy the "stuck" email into a new email and then send the new email.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg icon unage.jpg (72.8 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by paulinphilly : March 12th 13 at 03:03 PM. Reason: to make clearer
Old March 19th 13, 03:08 AM
amanda_lakai amanda_lakai is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinphilly View Post
On some occasions, emails in my outbox don't go. For these there is a different icon next to the message in that it has a "pen" over the letter email. The attachment shows what it looks like vs the standard icon.

I am using Windows 8 and Outlook 2013.

Any ideas why I'm getting this?

I just found out that the problem only occurs if I open an email in the Outbox and then close it. After being closed it can be sent.

My work around has been to copy the "stuck" email into a new email and then send the new email.

There can be various possible reasons for this problem:
•Your message size is too large.
•Some Outlook add-in
•Authentication with the mail server is not done properly or mail server is offline.
•Default mail account has not been set
•Antivirus or firewall installed in your system
•Installed programs(such asesktop Search) that accesses the Outlook data files
•An antispam or antivirus scan is running on outgoing mails.

The most probable reason is the size of your message to be sent or the attachment is of huge size. In such case reduce the size and try re sending. I hope this will fix the issue.
Old October 2nd 13, 08:09 AM
Deangelo54 Deangelo54 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Boston USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda_lakai View Post
There can be various possible reasons for this problem:
•Your message size is too large.
•Some Outlook add-in
•Authentication with the mail server is not done properly or mail server is offline.
•Default mail account has not been set
•Antivirus or firewall installed in your system
•Installed programs(such asesktop Search) that accesses the Outlook data files
•An antispam or antivirus scan is running on outgoing mails.

The most probable reason is the size of your message to be sent or the attachment is of huge size. In such case reduce the size and try re sending. I hope this will fix the issue.
i also face this type of problem and i got resolved by setting default settings.Thanks for sharing it here

Read more about computer support

Last edited by Deangelo54 : September 20th 14 at 10:50 AM.