Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Turn on Active View? (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/105859-turn-active-view.html)

carver February 9th 13 04:33 AM

Turn on Active View?

Hi,

My hotmail.com account was just automatically switched to Outlook today. I am still stumbling along. I would like photos and videos that I attach to emails to appear in the content of that mail. The instructions to do that are

To turn Active Views on or off:
Sign in to your Outlook account.
In the upper-right of the Outlook window, click the Options icon , and then click More mail settings.
Under Reading email, click Active View settings.
Under Do you want to see previews?, choose whether to show or hide previews.
Under Do you want to enable interactive mail?, choose whether to get interactive mail.
Click Save

When I click on the Option icon there is no "More Mail Settings." So I cannot follow the instructions.

I see that somehow I was also automatically "upgraded" to Internet Explorer 9 (from IE 7) even though I did not want to be. Is the fact that I was upgraded to IE9 the problem? If so, what are the instructions for turning the Active View on and off with IE9?