Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   E-mail backup to .pst file (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/105842-e-mail-backup-pst-file.html)

Bob San November 16th 12 10:02 PM

E-mail backup to .pst file

This is probably a very basic question. I work with MS Outlook 2002. It was originally set-up (by the person who sold me the computer - who is no longer around) to automatically back-up the entire Personal Folders to a .pst file. The backup occurred every time I logged off Outlook (if there had been any changes made in Personal Folders during that session). When I exited Outlook I would get a query "Do you wish to run a back-up" and I had to select "yes" to run the backup (this may not be the exact wording of the query, but it's essentially correct).

I do not do Archiving. I only do the above backup operation.

Recently I am no longer getting the prompt to run the backup when I exit Outlook. I'm assuming that the backup is not happening ... that it has somehow been turned off. How can I re-activate this automatic backup function?

In my Outlook Data File/Personal folders files (*.pst) I have the following files:
Archive.pst 767 MB modified 11/16/12
Outlook backup.pst 1.17GB modified 11/4/12
Outlook.pst 1.19GB modified 11/16/12
Personal folders (1).pst 32 KB modified 11/16/12

Any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks, Bob