Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   How do I recover a lost draft email message (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/105786-how-do-i-recover-lost.html)

monty4u1 May 7th 12 10:48 PM

How do I recover a lost draft email message

I saved the draft over the course of a meeting 3 or 4 times and then later for some reason Outlook exited because of error on another email. Now when I restart outlook the draft is gone?

I tried every possible solution.Went into the registry, temp, app data.
How do I recover my draft message?

Thanks
Monty.

marshal_hubs May 17th 12 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monty4u1 (Post 360110)
I saved the draft over the course of a meeting 3 or 4 times and then later for some reason Outlook exited because of error on another email. Now when I restart outlook the draft is gone?

I tried every possible solution.Went into the registry, temp, app data.
How do I recover my draft message?

Thanks
Monty.

Hi Monty,

I think your draft email messages is deleted when Outlook exited because of error on another email. No worries! You can easily navigate to Deleted Items folder and retrieve them back. But, if you hard deleted them using shift + delete combination, Hard deleted mails cannot be recovered from the 'Deleted Items' folder.

christa321 June 23rd 12 03:23 AM

Hi,

Check your Deleted Items folder if you have not hard deleted your items. If you have hard deleted your emails, use some third party deleted email recovery tool. If you are using MS Exchange Server, you can ask your server administrator for restoring your items from the retention period.

thanks
Christina