My outlook rules do not work, and they disappeared

Old November 12th 11, 01:42 AM
wlan2 wlan2 is offline
Junior Member

Default My outlook rules do not work, and they disappeared

Hi,

I use Outlook 2010 with exchange server.
I have some rules, which automatically moves emails to specified folders in my personal folder. They are client-only rules.

I don't know why but today my outlook rules started not to work.
I have deleted all rules from Start Run with this command:

outlook /cleanrules

Now I don't see any rules in "Manage Rules & Alerts". But somehow these rules still exist somewhere, because when I right click on a mail and select "Rules" the rules are listed in the menu that opens.

Besides, when I create a new rule, it adds a number suffix like: Rule1(2)
But the new created rule does not work either.

For example, I want Rule5 to put the emails coming from to folder "New folder". I create the rule that way, but it doesn't work.

I had imported those rules from Outlook 2007. They were working without problem until this morning.

I have tried solutions below but they don't apply to my problem:
Rules might become corrupted if you upgrade Outlook versions. See
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826265/en-us.
Rules might be disabled after an upgrade or if your rule size is greater than 32K. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/886616/en-us.
Rules might not run because Outlook tends to be optimized to work with Exchange processing rules. See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892240/en-us.

Could you please help,