Opened emails get "lost" due to restart of Outlook

Old October 24th 11, 01:06 PM
bOON bOON is offline
Junior Member

Default Opened emails get "lost" due to restart of Outlook

Hi all,

Would appreciate any advice on the above matter. Basically, I have lots of emails opened and I dont have much time to do any sorting/grouping. Therefore, multiple emails are opened. Unfortunately, after a while, Outlook meets with an error and I have to restart it, leaving the opened emails
"lost" i.e. i do not know which has to be actioned/done as they have all been marked read but I do not know which has been, or not.

Is there any way that the emails can be "retrieved"? Appreciate any helpful advice.

Cheers
Old November 3rd 11, 05:41 AM
ssuphy321 ssuphy321 is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOON View Post

Hi,
Once reinstall Outlook and check it.If you are not able to get back your emails, this might be due to the corruption of the PST file. In such case first use inbox repair tool to repair corrupt PST file.Then try to use any third party application to retrieve back your emails.Unfortunately all these tools are paid.But, you have a chance to estimate the recovery chances when you download the trial version.
Old November 3rd 11, 07:57 AM
marrydu marrydu is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOON View Post
Hi all,

Would appreciate any advice on the above matter. Basically, I have lots of emails opened and I dont have much time to do any sorting/grouping. Therefore, multiple emails are opened. Unfortunately, after a while, Outlook meets with an error and I have to restart it, leaving the opened emails
"lost" i.e. i do not know which has to be actioned/done as they have all been marked read but I do not know which has been, or not.

Is there any way that the emails can be "retrieved"? Appreciate any helpful advice.

Cheers
Check your "Deleted Items", You can restore it by simply going to the "Deleted Items" folder, finding the emails you want, and moving it back to its original position or other normal folders.
While if the mails are removed from Outlook permanently, I'm afraid you may need to use some recovery tools to recover them.
You can google"advanved outlook repair" to search for some ourlook recovery tools.
Marry
Old November 6th 11, 06:48 AM
bOON bOON is offline
Junior Member

Dear ssuphy321 and marrydu,

Appreciate your advice on the problem here. But I think I have been misunderstood. What I meant was that once Outlook has a problem and needs to be restarted, the emails that I have opened all have to be closed once Outlook is restarted. When Outlook restarts, I have no idea which are the emails previously opened. Therefore, I would like to know if there is a way to find out which were the previously opened emails? Nonetheless, appreciate your help

Cheers,

Boon