Help- Work email And personal

Old August 15th 11, 05:22 PM
coolyourjets coolyourjets is offline
Junior Member

Default Help- Work email And personal

My dad has his work email on outlook. It runs off a server, which he has too login to every time he wants to check his work email.
Today he got frustrated with gmail, and I said, why don't you use outlook with gmail? He couldn't believe that I was asking that question. We started arguing about it, and he thinks that since his work email is on a server and imports into outlook, thwt any email account he would set up would also store mail/contacts/events on his work's server.

I think that if he were to setup his gmail in outlook, that anything to do with his gmail account would have no contact with his work's server.

First of all, who is right? If he is why?
If I am how do we set it up to keep gmail private?