Outlook Will Not Send Or Receive From One ISP

Old April 20th 11, 01:49 AM
cgoodlein cgoodlein is offline
Junior Member

Default Outlook Will Not Send Or Receive From One ISP

I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007 on a dual core desktop. It is a new desktop and a dual core. I have newly installed 5 email accounts [4 IMAP Gmail accounts and 1 Comcast POP3 account], but cannot seem to get a sixth POP3 Charter Net account set-up. I have checked and re-checked the incoming and outgoing mail servers and ports (Charter uses the defaults of 110 & 25) as well as the secure transmission and authentication settings, but I keep getting error messages from the Charter server such as:

Send test e-mail message: Your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server has reported an internal error. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: 571 imp09 smtp.charter.net OTguMjUwLjIwMC42NA== You mu[/b]

I have contacted a Charter technician via chat in an unknown part of the world and was told that they could not help me because it was a software problem. I am posting here in case there is some type of bug in Outlook 2007 and perhaps related to more than five email accounts or some other strange set of circumstances. I have scanned for viruses, malware, and spyware and am clean. I have closed Outlook, rebooted, and even flushed the temp internet files from IE and FF browsers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have about three hours into this problem and have had others check my typing and my set-up for this email account. None can find anything wrong.