message view headers spontaneously change

Old April 16th 11, 03:07 AM
zedmelon zedmelon is offline
Junior Member

Default message view headers spontaneously change

All right, this is odd; please bear with me.

Many of my archive folders changed today (image). The column header "from" in my mail folders vanished and was replaced by "to" instead. It's by no means disastrous but is quite annoying in twenty-some folders.

I suppose I don't need help as much as a little validation that I'm not insane, if anyone else has seen this as well. I can use the field chooser to fix it--a way to do it globally would be nice. You can imagine how productive it is to Google the words "to" and "from," even with qualifiers such as "outlook" and "field chooser." Adding "header" points me in another direction entirely.

Outlook 2007 on Windows 7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OutlookFields2.jpg (19.1 KB, 1 views)
Old April 16th 11, 03:18 AM
zedmelon zedmelon is offline
Junior Member

Okay, adding "column" did wonders for the search.
http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook...umns-keep.html

The "cleanviews" flag didn't help, but at least I'm not alone.

I also should've mentioned that
1. my workstation is less than a couple months old
2. I'm not using any add-ins
3. our corporate antivirus is regularly updated and scans daily
(deep scan weekly)
4. I've worked I.T. long enough to learn safe browsing habits anyway
Old April 18th 11, 05:54 PM
zedmelon zedmelon is offline
Junior Member

SUCCESS!
I rebooted today after some Windows updates, and this time the cleanviews flag *did* work.

Not sure if it's the reboot or the WinUpdates, but I'm recording some brainstorming this morning for the knowledge archive that's continually forming.