Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - General Queries (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/)
-   -   Options (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-general-queries/103239-options.html)

Aintnorock January 14th 11 04:58 PM

I just got Outlook 2010 and I can't seem to find the options to do the following:

Send and Receive automatically upon opening Outlook

After I open and read an Outlook message, I want to close it or delete and then automatically go to the next message. Now, the way the options are set, it just goes back to the mail list.

thanks

Astro123 January 15th 11 01:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aintnorock (Post 350567)
I just got Outlook 2010 and I can't seem to find the options to do the following:

After I open and read an Outlook message, I want to close it or delete and then automatically go to the next message. Now, the way the options are set, it just goes back to the mail list.

thanks

Hi Aintnorock,

Goto-file-options-mail then scroll to the very bottom of the dialouge box,under the sub-heading "other" you will see "after moving or deleting an open item: choose from nthe pop up menu.

Astro123 January 15th 11 01:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aintnorock (Post 350567)
I just got Outlook 2010 and I can't seem to find the options to do the following:

Send and Receive automatically upon opening Outlook

thanks

Hi Aintnorock,

Are you sure you want to send/receive upon opening and not upon closing?

UPON CLOSING:

Goto-file-options-advanved: In the send and receive sub-menu press the "send and receive" button (at the right hand side).
There you can select "Perform an automatic send and receive when exiting.