I cannot select hyperlink in Outlook and go to IE

Old January 14th 11, 12:49 AM
Miller Man Miller Man is offline
Junior Member

Angry I cannot select hyperlink in Outlook and go to IE

When I click on a hyperlink in an email I get a mesage that says, "This operation has been cancelled due to restictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systme adiministartor."

I have tried adjusting my security setting to no avail. I do not have any passwords or administrator settings at all on my computer.

HELP this is driving me crazy!!
Old January 15th 11, 01:51 PM
Astro123 Astro123 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Man View Post
When I click on a hyperlink in an email I get a mesage that says, "This operation has been cancelled due to restictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your systme adiministartor."

I have tried adjusting my security setting to no avail. I do not have any passwords or administrator settings at all on my computer.

HELP this is driving me crazy!!
Hi Miller Man,

As you have described the problem it sounds like you're admin guy has shut this option out, I assume that you are working on a work comp that is part of you're work domain....
However you can find the hyperlink option in outlook @:
file-options-mail under "compose messeges" sub-heading press the "editor options" button (at he right hand side) choose-advanced, under edetitng options tick the "use Ctrl+click to follow hyperlink" option.