Backing up 2007

Old January 28th 11, 02:29 PM
Andy Grassie Andy Grassie is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Grassie View Post
ok success with the creating new .pst file and copying all mails and folder, 2 more questions how do i get my calender and contacts into the new .pst file and also how can i export he .pst file to ex hd so i then will be able to import it back into a fresh install of win 7? Thanks again very helpful
GREAT news just installed the save .pst file onto my other laptop and bingo all is there, contacts, calender the lot, great big thanks to you. Next question is can i do automated regular backups of the entire .st file to my ex hd? I have seen it some where but cant figure it out.
Old January 30th 11, 05:36 PM
Astro123 Astro123 is offline
Junior Member

Location: Holland
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Grassie View Post
GREAT news just installed the save .pst file onto my other laptop and bingo all is there, contacts, calender the lot, great big thanks to you. Next question is can i do automated regular backups of the entire .st file to my ex hd? I have seen it some where but cant figure it out.
HI Andy,

Glad to see you are happy with the result.
To perform an automated update you need to start writing scripts...good luck with that.
Or you can discipline yourself and every Friday (or some other day) copy the same PST file to you external hard drive (provided that is that your default mail box is the PST you just made)... You can see by going to (outlook 2003-2007) tools-account settings-click on your account name-datafiles and see which data file(PST) has the tick next to it, the one with the tick is your default PST (data file)
Get back to me and let me know of any other questions