Editing header details

Old September 3rd 10, 02:39 PM
glider glider is offline
Junior Member

Default Editing header details

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and pretty new to Outlook, so forgive any obvious shortcomings here please!

For reasons I won't go into now, I need to edit the 'To' email address in a message I sent a few days ago.

Following instructions I found on another forum, I saved the message to my hard drive, opened it in notepad, changed the 'To' address, and saved it.

Problem is that I now can't re-open the email. The message I get is "the file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program".

Is anyone able to help please? I have found other forum posts of people claiming to have done it no problem!

Cheers.
Old September 3rd 10, 02:48 PM
glider glider is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glider View Post
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and pretty new to Outlook, so forgive any obvious shortcomings here please!

For reasons I won't go into now, I need to edit the 'To' email address in a message I sent a few days ago.

Following instructions I found on another forum, I saved the message to my hard drive, opened it in notepad, changed the 'To' address, and saved it.

Problem is that I now can't re-open the email. The message I get is "the file may not exist, you may not have permission to open it, or it may be open in another program".

Is anyone able to help please? I have found other forum posts of people claiming to have done it no problem!

Cheers.
Ok, slightly embarassing. Just needed to highlight the address, select properties and change it.

Goodbye (red faced).