hiding recipient 's email address without using cc or bb

Old May 4th 10, 06:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Amy

Default hiding recipient 's email address without using cc or bb

I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email.

Old May 4th 10, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Amy" wrote in message
news
I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email.

Where do you want this displayed?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old May 4th 10, 08:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Please see http://www.officeforlawyers.com/howask.htm

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Amy" wrote in message
news
I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email.

Old May 6th 10, 12:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

Amy wrote:

I want to display my email address by my name not showing my email.

Are you asking about what the recipient gets for your sent e-mails? Tis
illegal to omit your e-mail address according to the CAN-SPAM act if you are
located in the US or any country employing reciprocity. You MUST include a
valid e-mail account that is managed by you. Not including your e-mail
address in your sent e-mails qualifies them as spam and will likely run
afoul of anti-spam or other abuse filters and get you reported to several
blacklists or reporting agencies.

Are you asking about how YOU see items listed in YOUR instance of Outlook?
One way would be to remove the To column and add the E-mail Account column.
Then you won't see your e-mail address but you can still see throught which
account an e-mail was received. Of course, it is possible to deliver
e-mails to your accounts where the From header does not match the e-mail
address for your account. The From header is *not* used to specify the
recipient of an e-mail. The recipient is specified between the sender's
client and their sending mail server as RCPT-TO commands (which recipient's
never get to see). So you could receive e-mails where the From header had
" for your account whose e-mail address is
".

Since you won't be showing the To field, you won't notice when e-mails are
delivered that show an e-mail address that isn't yours. In that case, you
might want to consider defining a rule that junks any e-mails where your
e-mail address is not included in the To/Cc headers. Of course, if anyone
Bcc's an e-mail to you then it will get junked, too, since you won't be in
the To/Cc headers.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it. You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post. Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing. If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation. Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them. If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's Communities,
Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet proxy), those are
gateways to Usenet. Despite the pretense of a forum, you are participating
in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375