Outlook 2003 Save As option is only BMP?

Old February 8th 06, 12:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Morgan

Default Outlook 2003 Save As option is only BMP?

The only option I have to save a picture in "save as" with Outllook 2003 is
BMP. Some are animated GIF's and BMP does not support that. It still seems
strange that downloading a GIF or JPG is not an option in the Outlook 2003
program. This is new from my upgrade and I assumed all saving formats would
be supported. I would appreciate instructions or advice on how to expand my
"save as" command to include both GIF and JPG images.

Direct e-mail is

Help, and thanks in advance.

Morgan in Denver

Old February 8th 06, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Morgan wrote:

The only option I have to save a picture in "save as" with Outllook
2003 is BMP. Some are animated GIF's and BMP does not support that.
It still seems strange that downloading a GIF or JPG is not an option
in the Outlook 2003 program. This is new from my upgrade and I
assumed all saving formats would be supported. I would appreciate
instructions or advice on how to expand my "save as" command to
include both GIF and JPG images.

You can't expand the Save As options, but see this:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/s...edpictures.htm

Direct e-mail is

Ask here, get an answer here. And now you've just enabled every SPAMbot and
virus source in the word to start sending you their spew because you posted
your message in plain text.
--
Brian Tillman

Old May 17th 11, 04:54 PM
Taljit Sandhu Taljit Sandhu is offline
Junior Member

Lightbulb

One option I ahve used is to forward the message containing the animated gif to your gmail account and you can then save it without any problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan View Post