NEED HELP SOON: Win7 Files & Settings Transfer Wiz & OfficeOutlook PST Mailboxes

Old April 1st 10, 07:45 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Default NEED HELP SOON: Win7 Files & Settings Transfer Wiz & Office Outlook PST Mailboxes

Just yesterday I exported Outlook 97 data, the entire tree, and imported
it into Office 2007 and it worked perfectly.

This is the perfect scenario for Importing.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Leythos" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...
You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing
and
Exporting will corrupt the files

No, he's not correct and it will not corrupt the files.

Just yesterday I exported Outlook 97 data, the entire tree, and imported
it into Office 2007 and it worked perfectly.

Trust yourself.
(remove 999 for proper email address)

Old April 1st 10, 08:06 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

Not sure I'd describe it as "funny"... but yes, they will be in for a shock.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Leythos" wrote in message
om...
In article ,
says...
Just yesterday I exported Outlook 97 data, the entire tree, and
imported
it into Office 2007 and it worked perfectly.

This is the perfect scenario for Importing.

Yep, been that way for years, since outlook first became a main-stream
office email application.

What I though funny was that a customer was still using office 97 on a
computer, actively.... They are in for a rude surprise when they see
Office 2007's completely different menu's and massive waste of space in
the menu's.

Old April 1st 10, 08:14 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Char Jackson

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:18:22 -0400, Joel wrote:

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Alias

You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
Exporting will corrupt the files

I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
lameness.

FWIW, I've used the method described by Alias about 2-3 dozen times
over the past 10 years and recommend it. It makes no sense to me to
Export and Import when easier methods exist.

Old April 1st 10, 08:22 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Alias[_19_]

Char Jackson wrote:
On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 10:18:22 -0400, Joel wrote:

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

Alias

You were correct with your answer to the OP in the alt.group. Importing and
Exporting will corrupt the files

I guess that's why I've done it that way multiple times, for a family
member who actually uses Outlook for God knows what reason, and has
changed computers multiple times, and it didn't "corrupt" anything.
And I guess you enjoy using a product that you claim "corrupts" files
for absolutely no good reason. Two for two on Microsoft Office
lameness.

FWIW, I've used the method described by Alias about 2-3 dozen times
over the past 10 years and recommend it. It makes no sense to me to
Export and Import when easier methods exist.

Note, my recommendation had to do with Outlook 2000 to 2007. Had the
case been that one was moving the same type of .pst file, I would do it
a different way.

--
Alias
Old April 1st 10, 08:22 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Peter Foldes

How well will the *Win7* [Files and Settings Transfer Wizard] work
from a WinXP with Outlook 2000 to Win7 with Outlook 2007?

OL 2000 to OL2007 pst

Just curious Diane. Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007 when files are saved importing the
OL 2000 saved files to OL 2007 will not corrupt and will work ?

--
Peter

Old April 1st 10, 08:38 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Joel[_3_]

Alias wrote:

Ask your friend what dates ALL of his emails are set to now. Then ask he
or she if he or she is happy with that.

Why would I need to ask, when I saw the results myself?

Oh, and your ploy failed, so why are you still pretending otherwise?
You just made a complete a-- of yourself - oh, that's right, you're
just an anonymous coward going by the nym "Alias". What's the dif'.
Maybe I shouldn't post under my real name, except I'm not a troll, so
I like to ...

--
Joel Crump
Old April 1st 10, 08:41 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

"Peter Foldes" wrote in message

Just curious Diane. Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2007 when files are saved
importing the
OL 2000 saved files to OL 2007 will not corrupt and will work ?

I've never seen importing a PST into another PST corrupt either PST. I have
seen ghost folders in the profile or other problems that were fixed with a new
profile, but the PSTs themselves are fine. DLs don't import well and
contact-calendar linkage may need recreating.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]