inbox full - emails not coming through later

Old March 18th 10, 06:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Mark

Default inbox full - emails not coming through later

Hi, hoping someone can help me.
My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
- will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
and bounced back to the sender???
Old March 18th 10, 09:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
VanguardLH[_2_]

mark wrote:

Hi, hoping someone can help me.
My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
- will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
and bounced back to the sender???

Nope. Their e-mails got REJECTED. They'll have to send them again.
Old March 18th 10, 11:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jan Besar

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 23:46:01 -0700, mark
wrote:

Hi, hoping someone can help me.
My inbox has been full, so when people have emailed me they have not come
through. I've since cleared my inbox and am receiving new emails. My question
- will I ever receive the emails sent during the time that the inbox was full
and bounced back to the sender???

No you won't.
Configure Outlook to delete the message from your account, when
received.
Old March 18th 10, 02:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Augustine

If your box was full, incoming messages would have been rejected, and a
Non-Delivery Reciept with error code 4.2.2 mailed to the sender.

However, most mail servers are configured to attempt resends after getting
4.2.2 response. For example, my server would attempt a resend every 10
minutes for the first half hour, every 15 minutes thereafter, and the final
attempts expiring two days later.

Assuming you cleaned your mailbox promptly, you will likely get some but not
all of your pending messages. If you delayed cleaning for several days, maybe
nothing.

--
Pax

Augustine