Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Fax Functions (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-fax-functions/)
-   -   Fax from Outlook 2007 (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-fax-functions/94217-fax-outlook-2007-a.html)

CliveDarling August 28th 09 10:16 AM

Fax from Outlook 2007

Is it possible (in the home environment) to use MS Outlook 2007 to send a
composed email to a fax number, using the dial-up modem and phone line
attached?

When working with my last employer, it was possible but I do know that there
was a huge amount of technology behind it, with break-out to fax servers etc.

I would appreciate your comments.

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] August 28th 09 10:39 AM

Fax from Outlook 2007

Same as all other versions. Outlook 2007 will integrate with Windows XP Fax
or Vista's Windows Fax and scan.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/winxpfax.htm
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

CliveDarling August 28th 09 02:36 PM

Fax from Outlook 2007

I've read your fine document.

You say "All that is required to send faxes from Outlook is to include the
Fax Mail Transport in your Outlook profile"

How does one do this with Outlook 2007? I can't seem to find any similar
paths or tabs as metioned in yr doc for 2000/2.

Would appreciate any help.
Thank you

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] August 28th 09 09:06 PM

Fax from Outlook 2007

Same procedure, slightly different path:
Tools Account Settings Email New... Other
If you have a fax transport installed and configured it will appear as "Fax
Mail Transport" that you can add to the profile.

CliveDarling August 30th 09 11:22 AM

Fax from Outlook 2007

Thank you, Russ

Works a dream, but I would not have found that path alone!!

lilylee86 December 2nd 10 08:08 AM

I am not so sure whether there is a good solution about your question. However, I think you can try some fax software that can use your outlook phonebook directly to fax. Maybe you can try joyfax server. It is quite good.