Missing posts???

Old February 6th 10, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
moonraker[_3_]

Default Missing posts???

I did ask some other questions in my last post to you......and answered some
of your questions

Why is it that all of these posts are getting through to you, yet when I
send new posts either just before or just after you are unable to see them?
(I did change my ID to (i.e. I changed the "."
dot in between to two invalid's to a underscore"_"......I have just noticed
that when the ID is in the post, there is a blue line underneath the
address, I believe PA could not see the "." dot and therefore thought there
was a space gap, if you look at it now you cannot see the underscore "_".)

From the previous post:-

Regarding your news server. What is listed as your news server in the OE
folder tree after your local folders? Or, Tools | Accounts | News?

Can I send screenshots to show you?????????????

If you're not using msnews.microsoft.com to post here, you should. You
will probably see better results.

I believe (I'm sure) I am!!!!!

Many thanks..................Steve

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
Posts do end up on different servers. I can see your two test posts, but
none about compacting.

Are you using the MSNews server? Or another?

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm

Take Robear's advice re your address. I would suggest changing it to
lid
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"moonraker" wrote in message
Hi Bruce,

Can I ask? If I am sending new posts and can see them - but you cannot -
"where" are the ones I can residing?

Do posts in fact get listed on many different servers etc, around the
world?

Can you see my latest post above send a little earlier:-

"Compacting or rather not quite"........06 February 2010 16:52 (As I can
see it)

Regarding your news server. What is listed as your news server in the OE
folder tree after your local folders? Or, Tools | Accounts | News?

Can I send screenshots to show you?

If you're not using msnews.microsoft.com to post here, you should. You
will probably see better results.

I believe (I'm sure) I am!!!!!

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
I can see this thread, and I /believe/ all your posts from today. If you
are asking if I can see these:

One dated...01 February 2010 23:50
The other....03 February 2010 13:13

No. AFAIK, they never got here.

Regarding your news server. What is listed as your news server in the OE
folder tree after your local folders? Or, Tools | Accounts | News? If
you're not using msnews.microsoft.com to post here, you should. You will
probably see better results.

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/ou...snewreader.htm
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"moonraker" wrote in message
Hi Bruce,

Can you see this thread?

Can you now see my other thread that PA cannot see?

Many thanks

Steve

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in message
I don't recall seeing any posts here in quite some time with
"Compacting" in the subject field. Sure you didn't see them somewhere
else?
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"moonraker" wrote in message
Hi team,

I have post to questions recently entitled "Compacting........or
rather not quite...."

One dated...01 February 2010 23:50
The other....03 February 2010 13:13

To this newsgroup:-
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress

Has anyone found them or know of their whereabouts, as I am beginning
to get quite concerned?

Have they been kidnapped or taken to another newsgroup?

Sleepless in Seattle

Old February 6th 10, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Sorry. I didn't scroll down far enough.

Why is it that all of these posts are getting through to you, yet when I
send new posts either just before or just after you are unable to see
them?

I have no idea as yet. The address you were posting with was showing fine.
It is suggested that it end in .invalid and not in invalid.com. That is a
possible reason for missing posts.

Take a screen shot and then upload it he

TinyPic:
http://tinypic.com/

After the upload completes, copy the last URL listed: Direct link for
layouts and paste it in the thread.

Example:
http://i48.tinypic.com/6xzw5i.jpg
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"moonraker" wrote in message
I did ask some other questions in my last post to you......and answered
some of your questions

Why is it that all of these posts are getting through to you, yet when I
send new posts either just before or just after you are unable to see
them? (I did change my ID to (i.e. I changed
the "." dot in between to two invalid's to a underscore"_"......I have
just noticed that when the ID is in the post, there is a blue line
underneath the address, I believe PA could not see the "." dot and
therefore thought there was a space gap, if you look at it now you
cannot see the underscore "_".)

From the previous post:-

Old February 6th 10, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Repost: When you click on the following link...

news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress

....do you see a new newsserver and newsgroup entry for the OE6 newsgroup in
Folders pane on left-hand side?

Old February 8th 10, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
moonraker[_3_]

Will repost now, this is a screen shot after I clicked on the link:-

http://i48.tinypic.com/mkxdur.jpg

Although I would point out that I always had
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress
listed "TWICE" in the folders list (I just don't normally show the folders
list showing)

I just tried to send this reply after clicking on the link, but it would not
send it - saying there was no sender specified please check your news
configuration.

So have returnd to my ogininal method/newsgroup to send this (which is also
listed as -
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress................at.........msnews.microsoft. com....as
you can see in the left of the box...ctrl+w.

http://i46.tinypic.com/29ehzjr.jpg

Cheers............Steve

Old February 8th 10, 10:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec[_2_]

The first image shows that you have set up the msnews.microsoft.com
account twice. That in itself is OK. Some people do that if they have a
lot of subscribed newsgroups and want to group them.

But subscribing to the same newsgroup in the both accounts could cause
problems. OE uses the server name/newsgroup as the DBX file name. So I
would get rid of the first account since both the newsgroups there are
in the second account.

As for the No Sender error message, see:
OLEXP: "The Message Could Not Be Sent. Unable to Post Message, No Sender
Was Specified" When You Post to a Newsgroup
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271742
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=271375
If the name and e-mail address seem OK, retype and click APPLY. If you
still have problems, delete the news account, restart OE and set it up
again.

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

Old February 9th 10, 12:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

1. Write down the location of your identity's store
(http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain).

2. Enable 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' via Start | Control Panel | Folder
Options | View (cf.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial62.html).

3a. Open OE, right-click on the first instance of "msnews.microsoft.com" in
Folders pane [cf. http://i48.tinypic.com/mkxdur.jpg; not
"msnews.microsoft.com (1)"] and select REMOVE ACCOUNT.

3b. Now right-click on the remaining instance of
"microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlook express" and select
UNSUBCRIBE.

4. Close OE & reboot.

5. After making sure that OE is still closed...

Open Windows Explorer (WinKey+E) and navigate to the store folder you wrote
down in #1 above, right-click on any instances of a file named...

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress.dbx

or...

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlooke xpress (1).dbx

[You may find 2 or more!] and Delete it/them, then close Windows Explorer.

6. Open OE, resubscribe to OE6 newsgroup
(microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlook express) & all should be
well.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)