managed to screw up the posts

Old February 1st 10, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
hamsinouria

Default managed to screw up the posts

"Jack B" a ιcrit dans le message de news:

Via Outlook Express 6, somehow I managed to screw up the posts in a
different news group so that now I see nothing in that subject after
1/30/2010 7:32pm EST -- do you know how I can recapture those posts?

Jack

Old February 1st 10, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

While in a newsgroup: View | Current View. Make sure Show All Messages and
Group Messages By Conversation are checked.

Tools | Options | Read. Uncheck: Get XXX headers at a time. Then, right
click on the newsgroup in the Folder Tree | Properties | Local File |
Reset. Switch to another folder and then back and all available messages
will be downloaded again.

Or go to Tools | Options | Maintenance | Clean Up Now and choose the
group, or server at the top and then Reset.

It would be a good idea to compact your folders when you're done.

Click on Outlook Express at the top of the folder tree so no folders are
open. Then: File | Work Offline (or double click Working Online in the
Status Bar). File | Folder | Compact all folders. Don't touch anything
until the compacting is completed.

My personal preference is to disregard synchronizing and rather have OE
check for news when it checks for mail. Tools | Accounts | News. Check: "
Include this account...........".
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Old February 1st 10, 06:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jack B

Bruce,

Before seeing your reply, I went ahead and compacted all folders.

I see everything now. I have it sorted by Sort Descending and Watch/Ignore,
just like always.

But the continuation of "append a section of web pages from NOF 7" is under
a new thread, "a way to make layout background different from master
border." Not a problem, I guess. Somehow I managed to do that when dragging
my mouse I suppose -- at one point, I got a bunch of symbols (in a left
column), of circles with a line thru them, along side a number of posts and
the posts turned gray, and I did something to eliminate those symbols and I
guess that's what made things go haywire.

Jack

Old February 1st 10, 06:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If you click Watch next to a post, you see the spectacles. Click the
spectacles again and the thread is ignored, giving you the circle and a
grayed out message header.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

[...]