Funny things happen...

Old March 30th 06, 04:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JOSE MOJICA

Default Funny things happen...

I got this HP PC early in January with a 60 day trial of Microsoft Office 2003 that included Outlook 2003. A few days ago I installed the Teachers and Students version of Microsoft Office. Before installing it, I had no problems with Outlook 2003. Now, I can log into it initially, but if I get out of it, I can not log again unless I restart Windows XP Media Center (Pro) Edition. I went to Control Panel and repaired the whole installation without positive results. I would appreciate any tips.
Also, The trial MS Office 2003 version is still on my Hard Disk; Should I just uninstall it, or is it safer to uninstall everything and install the Teachers and Students version again...
What is more complete, Outlook Express or Outlook 2003? Or are they the same?
Thanks, Senior Old-timer
Old March 30th 06, 04:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

See this for info about the differences between OE and Outlook:
http://support.microsoft.com/directo...;en-us;Q257824

For your current problem, Outlook and Outlook Express are entirely different
programs. Please post to an Outlook newsgroup.

MS Outlook newsgroups:

--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

news%HWf.9727$Od7.6961@trnddc06...

Old March 30th 06, 04:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Yes, it's not wise to have two versions of the same program installed.
Uninstall the trial version. It might then be necessary to repair or
reinstall the Student version. Outlook Express is a simple e-mail app that
also does NNTP newsgroups. Many prefer the simplicity (of OE) to using
Outlook, which is better suited for business use. It has nice features that
you may or may not enjoy. It has some features that are best used in an
intranet situation. Try Outlook to compare the two. The choice will then be
yours.

Bruce has links to Outlook groups that may be useful.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim