Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   moving messages from SENT folder (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/98944-moving-messages-sent-folder.html)

*muffin* January 12th 10 10:12 PM

moving messages from SENT folder

I want to move the messages from my SENT folder to another to save them ( I
have over 3000 & think its getting big enougH.). but when I try to move them
they do NOT keep the sent to information.
I can move them to my DRAFT folder without losing that information, but that
does not help.

what can I do to get these saved with all the "TO:" information correct

Michael Santovec January 12th 10 10:43 PM

moving messages from SENT folder

The TO information is still there. You just aren't seeing it in the
message listing.

There are only two sets of mail folder headings (View, Columns):
- Sent Items, Outbox and Drafts use one set
- Inbox, Deleted Items, and all user created folders use the other set

Even though a user created folder is arranged as a subfolder to Sent
Items, it is still going to use the same column headings as the Inbox.
What you can do is add both the TO and FROM columns to the Inbox so that
the TO column will be available in the other folders. I also find the
TO column useful in the Inbox since I can easily spot mail sent
specifically to me rather than a group.

The OEX program lets you individually customize the folder columns on a
per folder basis:
www.oehelp.com/OEX/

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

*muffin* January 13th 10 03:26 AM

moving messages from SENT folder

where do I find the add "to" column?

under the column choices there is "from" which I already have. but do not
have "to" to choose from

do I need to get the OEX program for this?

thanks

Bruce Hagen January 13th 10 03:37 AM

moving messages from SENT folder

Like Michael said: View | Columns.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Michael Santovec January 13th 10 10:10 PM

moving messages from SENT folder

You don't need the OEX program Unless you want to be able to have
different columns in different folders.

You probably selected View, Columns while in a newsgroup. It doesn't
apply there. Switch to a Local folder (e.g. the Inbox) and then you'll
get the TO column as an option.