Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   I have a problem with the attachment (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/98802-i-have-problem-attachment.html)

kiplingirapuato January 8th 10 04:32 PM

I have a problem with the attachment

hi, I have that whenever I use a mail wih an attachment and I make any
changes in it, eve n thogugh I save it, at the time of closing the next time
I open it, the changes do not appear. I suppose there must be an tmp file any
place, all I want to know is where can I find the file that I make changes,
because I use save instead off save as. please help me.

Bruce Hagen January 8th 10 05:14 PM

I have a problem with the attachment

You have to remove the attachment, make the changes, and then attach it
again.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"kiplingirapuato" wrote in
message ...

VanguardLH[_2_] January 8th 10 06:42 PM

kiplingirapuato wrote:

hi, I have that whenever I use a mail wih an attachment and I make any
changes in it, eve n thogugh I save it, at the time of closing the next time
I open it, the changes do not appear. I suppose there must be an tmp file any
place, all I want to know is where can I find the file that I make changes,
because I use save instead off save as. please help me.

See replies to your SAME post submitted all of 44 minutes later.

Michael Santovec January 8th 10 09:56 PM

I have a problem with the attachment

Whenever you open an attachment in OE, it saves a TEMPORARY copy of the
attachment in the IE Temporary Internet Files (TIF), then launches the
appropriate program passing the saved attachment name so that you can
OPEN (view) the attachment. When you move on to the next message, OE
will attempt to delete that TIF copy. It won't be able to if the
opening application still has the file locked.

If you want to update that attachment, the intended way to handle this
is either save the attachment first (e.g. File, Save Attachments or any
of several other ways), then open the saved attachment in your
application, or if you open from with OE, use the File, Save AS in the
application rather than simple Save.

Under no circumstances can you update the attachment embedded in the