Importing/Transferring of News Accounts and News Messages

Old December 29th 09, 09:35 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
SuperNova

Default Importing/Transferring of News Accounts and News Messages

Hello,

I have a laptop with Outlook Express 6.0 that I used to post to Newsgroups
using three
different Newsgroup Servers and 7 Newsgroup accounts lets say AccA, AccB,
AccC,
AccD, AccE, AccF and AccG with different names.

My laptop got completely corrupted due to Virus infections last week and the
local
computer service guy removed the virus but somehow lost the Outlook Express
Accounts ie
when I open Outlook Express 6.0, I dont see all the old accounts and
newsgroups and the
respective messages anymore.

But I can see and access the Store Folder and all the dbx files including
the folders.dbx,
sent items.dbx, deleted items.dbx, inbox.dbx, outbox.dbx and drafts.dbx
folders and
pretty much all the newsgroup dbx files.

AccF and AccG are Unused accounts for a while ie I no longer have accounts
with
the respective Newsgroup Service Providers but they still had some
downloaded messages.

Now I want to get back the Outlook Express 6.0 and ALL the newsgroup
accounts with
all the respective downloaded messages just the way it was before my laptop
got infected
with the Virus.

I am positive the Outlook Express 6.0 messages, dbx files are all intact
without any corruption.

Can some one suggest the best and any possible methods to achieve what I
want.

Thanks

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old December 29th 09, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

You have to add the newsgroup accounts back to OE. The newsgroup settings
are stored in the Registry, so restoring the newsgroup folders will not
bring the groups back.

You can create new folders in OE so you can read the old messages but the
new folders will not sync with the news servers.
Create a new folder.
Name it AccAarchive.
Open the AccAarchive folder.
Close OE.
Copy the AccA.dbx file from the old store folder to the new store folder.
Delete AccAarchive.dbx file.
Rename AccA.dbx to AccAarchive.dbx.

If you use a backup program, it will save the Registry settings and the
messages.
Ron Sommer
MS MVP-Mail

"SuperNova" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

at http://www.TitanNews.com

Old January 5th 10, 01:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Unless you backed up the registry and files first, you cannot do it. See
www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx and www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#6 for the future.

steve

. ..