Seeing a thread from non-thread mode

Old November 11th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Robert Aldwinckle

Default Seeing a thread from non-thread mode

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message ...
If you have the message highlighted prior to switching the views, then it
should work okay. If its not highlighted (selected) though, it will get
lost and you will have to page to find the thread.

Only if Always expand is checked. We still don't know if he is using
that option but I suspect not.

Robert
---

Old November 11th 09, 04:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BillW50

In ,
Robert Aldwinckle typed on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:04:36 -0500:
"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
If you have the message highlighted prior to switching the views,
then it should work okay. If its not highlighted (selected) though,
it will get lost and you will have to page to find the thread.

Only if Always expand is checked. We still don't know if he is
using that option but I suspect not.

Thanks Robert! No, I *never* have that checked:

Tools
Read (tab)
Automatically expand grouped messages (unchecked)

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G8 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

Old November 12th 09, 01:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

If I have Show all messages checked, then it doesn't get lost as you
describe.

steve

"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
Steve Cochran typed on Wed, 11 Nov 2009 08:22:44 -0500:
If you have the message highlighted prior to switching the views,
then it should work okay. If its not highlighted (selected) though,
it will get lost and you will have to page to find the thread.

steve

That works for me if I find the original post first (sort by subject to
find it) and then go to "Group Messages By Conversation". Then I can see
them all. But if I highlight one of the newer posts in a thread then
"Group Messages By Conversation", it sometimes disappears from view. Does
this happen to you too?

You know I just thought about something. When the highlighted one
disappears, it might only happen when the subject line is changed. As I am
not sure now.

"BillW50" wrote in message
Steve Cochran wrote on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:27:36 -0500:
You need View | Current View | Show all messages and then with the
message highlighted, you can then go to Group messages by
conversation and expand the thread as well. OETool
(www.oehelp.com/OETool/) has buttons to do this that make it rather
easy. steve

That is how I do it Steve, although with the ALT-V-V-G toggle.
Although unless you are on the original post, it often disappears
from view after the toggle.

Although I tried it your way and it appears to be working. Does it
always work? It should act just like the ALT-V-V-G toggle, wouldn't
you think?
"BillW50" wrote in message
In ,
VanguardLH typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:10:53 -0600:
BillW50 wrote:

I would like to read the whole thread first to make sure somebody
didn't already say what I wanted to add.
Group Messages by Conversation view
I seem to recall that used to work. But nowadays (with a half of
dozen of computers) this doesn't do it anymore. As toggling with
ALT-V-V-G the post disappears and something else is selected. And
finding the thread is different.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

Old November 17th 09, 02:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009 17:46:00 -0600, BillW50 wrote:

N. Miller wrote on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:36:01 -0800:

"BillW50" wrote in message

Really? They can't even show replies to my messages. Take this piece
of junk I am using right now called Thunderbird. Unfortunately MS
never developed OE for Linux yet.

Nor will they ever. MS is a publisher of closed source programs. When
they stop work on a program, it is over for that program. Permanently.
You are saying that you can't run Windows XP in a Linux VM? That will
certainly allow you to have access to your beloved MSOE! :/

Emulators and virtual machines slows you down. Thus I have no use for
such things. Multiple computers beats both every time. ;-)

Say do you use virtual machines?

No. I just know when an application is less than worthy, and pick a better
app. 40tude Dialog runs just fine under Windows 7. Just import all the files
from the old folder structure to the new. Don't even have to run the
installer. All past messages are still available.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

Old November 17th 09, 11:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BillW50

In ,
N. Miller typed on Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:16:08 -0800:

"BillW50" wrote in message

[...]

An application without an installer is worthless if the program is
worthless to begin with. And any newsreader without a reply to my posts
is totally worthless as far as I am concern. As what good is it? This is
a gold mine for both newbies and pros alike.

I have a hard time believing all of the world's programmers are just too
stupid to add this feature. As *only* Microsoft has it. As what is wrong
with the rest of them? Are they just stupid or what? How in the world
can you code a newsreader without this nifty feature? It is so simple to
code, yet they stupidly just leave it out. How do you explain why they
are so dumb?