Seeing a thread from non-thread mode

Old November 11th 09, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BillW50

Default Seeing a thread from non-thread mode

N. Miller wrote on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 15:36:01 -0800:
"BillW50" wrote in message

Really? They can't even show replies to my messages. Take this piece
of junk I am using right now called Thunderbird. Unfortunately MS
never developed OE for Linux yet.

Nor will they ever. MS is a publisher of closed source programs. When
they stop work on a program, it is over for that program. Permanently.
You are saying that you can't run Windows XP in a Linux VM? That will
certainly allow you to have access to your beloved MSOE! :/

Emulators and virtual machines slows you down. Thus I have no use for
such things. Multiple computers beats both every time. ;-)

Say do you use virtual machines?

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G4 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC
Old November 11th 09, 01:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_3_]

In ,
BillW50 typed:
A lot of newsgroups, I read sorted by date mainly. And once in awhile
I see post which I would like to comment on. Although I would like to
read the whole thread first to make sure somebody didn't already say
what I wanted to add. There are a few ways like sort by subject or
Find subject, but is there a better way to see the whole thread?

In OE6: Click View, Current View, and then click Groups Messages by
Conversation. If you've already read some of the messages, you'll have to
also View, Current View, All Messages. Then sort omn the Subject, and look
for the subject of the email; you'll find every resopnse to the original
mail there.

HTH,

Twayne`

Old November 11th 09, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_3_]

In ,
BillW50 typed:
In ,
VanguardLH typed on Sun, 8 Nov 2009 20:10:53 -0600:
BillW50 wrote:

I would like to read the whole thread first to make sure somebody
didn't already say what I wanted to add.

Group Messages by Conversation view

I seem to recall that used to work. But nowadays (with a half of dozen
of computers) this doesn't do it anymore. As toggling with ALT-V-V-G
the post disappears and something else is selected. And finding the
thread is different.

If you've got a Gateway with XP, that's exactly how it works.

Old November 11th 09, 02:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
FromTheRafters[_2_]

"BillW50" wrote in message

Really? They can't even show replies to my messages. Take this piece
of junk I am using right now called Thunderbird. Unfortunately MS
never developed OE for Linux yet.

Nor will they ever. MS is a publisher of closed source programs. When
they stop work on a program, it is over for that program.
Permanently. You are saying that you can't run Windows XP in a Linux
VM? That will certainly allow you to have access to your beloved
MSOE! :/

Emulators and virtual machines slows you down. Thus I have no use for
such things. Multiple computers beats both every time. ;-)

Say do you use virtual machines?

Most people do, in fact you probably do without even knowing it.

Old November 11th 09, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
BillW50

In ,
FromTheRafters typed on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 20:20:00 -0500:
"BillW50" wrote in message

Really? They can't even show replies to my messages. Take this
piece of junk I am using right now called Thunderbird.
Unfortunately MS never developed OE for Linux yet.

Nor will they ever. MS is a publisher of closed source programs.
When they stop work on a program, it is over for that program.
Permanently. You are saying that you can't run Windows XP in a Linux
VM? That will certainly allow you to have access to your beloved
MSOE! :/

Emulators and virtual machines slows you down. Thus I have no use for
such things. Multiple computers beats both every time. ;-)

Say do you use virtual machines?

Most people do, in fact you probably do without even knowing it.

How so?

--
Bill
Asus EEE PC 702G8 ~ 2GB RAM ~ 16GB-SDHC

Old November 11th 09, 02:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

If you have the message highlighted prior to switching the views, then it
should work okay. If its not highlighted (selected) though, it will get
lost and you will have to page to find the thread.

steve

"BillW50" wrote in message
Steve Cochran wrote on Tue, 10 Nov 2009 07:27:36 -0500:
You need View | Current View | Show all messages and then with the
message highlighted, you can then go to Group messages by conversation
and expand the thread as well. OETool (www.oehelp.com/OETool/) has
buttons to do this that make it rather easy.

steve

That is how I do it Steve, although with the ALT-V-V-G toggle. Although
unless you are on the original post, it often disappears from view after
the toggle.

Although I tried it your way and it appears to be working. Does it always
work? It should act just like the ALT-V-V-G toggle, wouldn't you think?

BillW50 wrote:

I would like to read the whole thread first to make sure somebody
didn't already say what I wanted to add.
Group Messages by Conversation view
I seem to recall that used to work. But nowadays (with a half of dozen
of computers) this doesn't do it anymore. As toggling with ALT-V-V-G the
post disappears and something else is selected. And finding the thread
is different.

--
Bill
Gateway MX6124 ('06 era) - Windows XP SP2