Problem with Powerpoint Viewer

Old October 24th 09, 04:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.powerpoint,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default Problem with Powerpoint Viewer

[Forwarded to PowerPoint newsgroup via crosspost]

Florence wrote:
I hope someone can help me with this. I've been trying to sort it out by
myself for weeks but obviously need more experienced help.

I was using Powerpoint Viewer 97 and decided to upgrade to 2003 or 2007.
deleted Version 97 and downloaded Version 2007, which wouldn't work. I
have
tried a number of times to delete it and redownload Version 2003 or 2007
but I get the same message for both, as follows:
"This patch package could not be opened. Verify that the patch package
exists and that you can access it or contact the application vendor to
verify that this is a valid windows installer patch package". The only
answer I can provide is that I downloaded it from the Microsoft Download
site. Unfortunately I haven't the vaguest idea of where to find the other
information. I would appreciate whatever help you can provide, hopefully
with a simple solution, as I now have a large number of Powerpoint emails
would very much like to open. Thanks in advance for your help with this
problem.
Florence

Old October 25th 09, 02:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress,microsoft.public.powerpoint
John Wilson[_2_]

msi cleanup will probably fix. Read the instrux and use with care!
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
--
john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk

Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials