Compacting once a day - a series of beeps - not closing

Old October 3rd 09, 12:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
momey

Default Compacting once a day - a series of beeps - not closing

"Gleam" wrote in message
A compact message comes up very regularly - certainly not every 100 times I
open or close OE6.

Sometimes in the middle of the night the PC gives a series of beeps for
about 30 seconds. I suspect that this is related.

If I say no to "Do you want to compact?" I cannot open OE6: I get a
message
that an instance of OE is already running. When I log off OE6 has to crash
and send an error log to Microsoft.

I am alarmed to read that one should not do anything while compacting is
taking place. There are no warnings about this in the messages from OE. It
does not make OE appear to be very robust.