Lost messages in Inbox, Sent folders

Old March 26th 06, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Graham

Default Lost messages in Inbox, Sent folders

Using Window 2000, Outlook Express 6

I used "empty deleted items folder" fundtion to clean ou that folder but now
have lost all messages in Inbox and Sent folders.

Have looked in Sore Folder and there are folders labelled Inbox and Inbox(1)
and Sent and Sent(1). But I cannot see how to get at the data.

Any simple solutions??

Old March 27th 06, 12:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear, MS MVP

Why it happens:

http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/probl...s.htm#mailgone
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/...orruption.mspx

Recovering data: http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DBXtract
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

DBXtend (additional functionality)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtend/Default.aspx

DBXpress (faster, more powerful, with even greater functionality)
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

OEX (OE Enhancement Program)
http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Avoid Such Corruption in Futu

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Disable Background Compacting [N/A in SP2] and frequently perform a manual
compact of all OE folders while "working offline". More at
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/files/maintain.htm.

- WinXP SP2 only: Do not shut down your machine while Windows is
automatically compacting your message store.

- Your anti-virus application's email scanning feature can also cause such
corruption. Disable it. It provides no additional protection.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE, Security, Shell/User)