How to control toolbar(?) appearance?

Old September 16th 09, 08:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Inquisitor

Default How to control toolbar(?) appearance?

When I log into one user account on my mother's computer, the OE "toolbars"
have one appearance. When I log into another user account on the same
computer, the OE "toolbars" have a different appearance.

Unfortunately, I don't know how the latter state happened. Someone else
maintains the computer.

My question is: how can I control the appearance?

First, I have terminology problem. The "toolbars" I am referring to a
(a) the set of operations that include File, Edit, View, Tools, Message and
Help; and (b) the set of operations that include Create, Reply, Reply All et
al. (Both sets depends on the context.)

What do you call set A?

Apparently, it is not called "the" toolbar, because it remains even when I
toggle "toolbar" off.

In any case, for the first user account, set A appears on top of set B.

In the second user account, set A appears to the left of set B. Since there
isn't room for both, set A is truncated, with a "" button that opens a
pull-down menu. Likewise, set B might be truncated, depending on how many
operations I add in Customer Toolbar.

I would like to know how I can set A on top of set B in the second user
account.

Conversely, I would like to know how I can set A on the left of set B in the
first account, if that is not obvious from the first procedure.

TIA.

Old September 16th 09, 09:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Set A is called the menu bar. Set B is called the toolbar.

In the second user account, set A appears to the left of set B.

At the left-hand end (beginning) of B is a faint, dotten vertical line.
"Grab" the line with your cursor and drag it downwards (and then to the left
or right, as desired).

Old September 16th 09, 09:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Inquisitor

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Set A is called the menu bar. Set B is called the toolbar.

Thanks.

In the second user account, set A appears to the left of set B.

At the left-hand end (beginning) of B is a faint,
dotten vertical line. "Grab" the line with your
cursor and drag it downwards (and then to the left or right, as desired).

Got it!

I had tried something like that. But because the cursor turned into a
left-right arrow, I had tried only to move left or right. Pulling down is
the key.

Thanks again.

Old September 16th 09, 06:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

YW

Inquisitor wrote:
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
Set A is called the menu bar. Set B is called the toolbar.

Thanks.

In the second user account, set A appears to the left of set B.

At the left-hand end (beginning) of B is a faint,
[dotted] vertical line. "Grab" the line with your