OE6 suddenly rejects my password

Old September 15th 09, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ber

Default OE6 suddenly rejects my password

All of a sudden when I try to access my email, I'm getting a box that says to
enter my user name and password when they're already entered in the box.
When I click OK, or try to re-enter my password, the box just keeps
reappearing. I'm also receiving error message 0x800ccc90 (rejected
password). This is for a POP 3 account which is one of two email accounts I
receive at the same mailbox. I'm receiving email from the other account just
fine. I've read the article Microsoft referred me to but still don't get
what I need to do.
--
Thanks, Ber

Old September 30th 09, 07:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Outlook says password is incorrect

Mine is doing the same thing. I can't receive my mail and I can't find
anything that helps.

Old September 30th 09, 08:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problems.
State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP2)
in your first post. Also tell us if you're using Outlook or Outlook Express
(which are NOT the same applications).
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Outlook says password is incorrect wrote:
Mine is doing the same thing. I can't receive my mail and I can't find
anything that helps.

snip hijacked thread