cannot access MSnews.microsoft.com

Old August 26th 09, 04:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Zuke

Default cannot access MSnews.microsoft.com

Hi,
I have not been able to access msnews.microsoft.com. I get an error: A
tcp/IP error has occurred while trying to connect to the server. I'm using
Outlook Express 6.0.

If I set it up with secure logon I get this
Details:
Account: msnews.microsoft.com
Server: msnews.microsoft.com
User name:
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 563
Secure(SSL): 1
Code: 800ccc15

Without secure logon I get the sam except
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800ccc13

Any help at all? I have not been able to find anything using search tools.

Best Regards,
Zuke
Old August 26th 09, 05:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

Do you have anything checked on the Tools, Accounts, properties, Server tab
page?
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

Old August 26th 09, 07:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Zuke

Yes.
"this server requries me to logon" has been checked, with my windows live
account name and password, adn "remember password" is checked.

If I uncheck "this server requires me to login" I still get the same errors.

When I try to open a spceific newsgroup, I get this error:

Header download for the 'microsoft.public.windows.server.active_directory'
folder did not complete. Account: 'msnews.microsoft.com', Server:
'msnews.microsoft.com', Protocol: NNTP, Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Error
Number: 0x800CCC15

Regards,
Zuke

Old August 26th 09, 11:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ron Sommer

The server requires login should be unchecked.
I just downloaded 3,927 posts.
Is that the only newsgroup causing problems?
--
Ron Sommer
MVP-Mail

Old August 27th 09, 01:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Twayne[_2_]

"Zuke" wrote in message

Hi,
I have not been able to access msnews.microsoft.com. I get an error: A
tcp/IP error has occurred while trying to connect to the server. I'm
using Outlook Express 6.0.

If I set it up with secure logon I get this
Details:
Account: msnews.microsoft.com
Server: msnews.microsoft.com
User name:
Protocol: NNTP
Port: 563
Secure(SSL): 1
Code: 800ccc15

Without secure logon I get the sam except
Port: 119
Secure(SSL): 0
Code: 800ccc13

0×800CCC13 SOCKET_WRITE_ERROR - Unable to read Winsock reply.
00×800CCC15 SOCKET_CONNECT_ERROR - Unable to open Windows Socket.

Any help at all? I have not been able to find anything using search
tools.

Best Regards,
Zuke

you might try changing the ".com" to ".net" and see what happens.
Sometimes things get a little iffy with .com.

HTH,

Twayne`

Old August 27th 09, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

You've got the wrong pot, it should be 119.

And No logon or password or SSL.

For additional information, see:
To set up an account for MSnews in OE
http://www.insideoe.com/resources/co...tm#setupmsnews

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

msnews abdiqani Outlook Express 6 March 25th 09 12:02 PM
giv me msnews.microsoft عبداللي أحمد Outlook Express 0 June 21st 08 09:51 PM
How can i add a new group outside msnews Robbies Outlook Express 2 June 20th 07 01:59 AM
Microsoft Outlook Web Access Lovebaby Outlook - General Queries 1 February 18th 07 06:11 PM
Microsoft web access account and microsoft outlook help needed Outlook - General Queries 2 January 11th 07 02:51 PM