Error 501

Old June 30th 09, 07:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

Default Error 501

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
[This is an HTML reply, crossposted to OE General newsgroup. Please access
this thread/post and reply to it via OE by clicking on the following link:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsof...tlooke xpress ]

Ya learn something new every day. Never knew you could do that!

Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update? YES, although I have a
current Open Ticket in the Windows Update Forum since a second issue that I
have is the Error OX8DDD0004. Windows MSRT found nothing.

Does the behavior persist in (1) a new identity YES in (2) a new or
different User Account (AKA Windows Log-on)? Do not know

OE Tools | Options | Security: Is OE running in the default Restricted Sites
zone? Yes

IE Tools | Internet Options | General | Accessibility: Is anything here
checked/enabled? Nothing is bulleted

What you describe is not an unknown behavior but we haven't seen a post
about it in a few years; cf. Yes, I found these before posting my query.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...rt=0&scoring=d
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

adam wrote:
Running Win XP Pro and IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234. When
composing text in an email, I used to be able to right-click the
highlighted
font and change colors. Now I get the 501 error. I can use the toolbar to
change font color, but this is new.

Any thoughts?

Old June 30th 09, 08:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Adam, please don't attempt to post your answers in-line. Thanks.

I suspect your OE problems, your Windows Update, and your third* problem are
related. See my reply to your thread in Windows Update newsgroup:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...bb0cd7db032154

Tip: Do #1, #2, and #3 in my reply to your other thread; or you can open a
no-charge support incident with MS Tech Support using the links in that
reply.

======================
*
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...fbe0585ea7dc89

--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

wrote:
paste
Is the computer fully patched at Windows Update?

YES, although I have a
current Open Ticket in the Windows Update Forum since a second issue that
have is the Error OX8DDD0004. Windows MSRT found nothing.

Does the behavior persist in (1) a new identity

YES

in (2) a new or
different User Account (AKA Windows Log-on)?

Do not know

/paste

]

Old September 17th 09, 08:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bob[_17_]

"adam" wrote in message
Hi:

Running Win XP Pro and IE 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234. When
composing text in an email, I used to be able to right-click the
highlighted
font and change colors. Now I get the 501 error. I can use the toolbar to
change font color, but this is new.

Any thoughts?

Thank you. go to google.com vinnie