Problem Manually Compacting OE 6

Old July 14th 09, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bill Bradshaw

Default Problem Manually Compacting OE 6

My goof up. Also checked off on the fly indexing of new and modified files.
Compacting is modifying the file so I think CDS may have wanted to index it
while it was being compacted. Checked off Outlook because I do not use it
for messaging and decided it would hurt anything.
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
OK... (but Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing)

Bill Bradshaw wrote:
I have it working fine now. Copernic Desktop Search (CDS) had a
couple of default options for on the fly indexing. One of them was
Outlook. I do not
know for sure but maybe CDS was trying to index the dbx file at the
same time OE was trying to compact. I unchecked on the fly indexing
for Outlook
and everything seems to be working.

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
Archive of original thread:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6d89e60c2c435c

Have you also installed Windows (Desktop) Search, Bill?

Can you configure Copernic Desktop Search not to index (monitor) OE
files (i.e., DBX; WAB)?

Bill Bradshaw wrote:
I finally tracked my problem with compacting to Copernic Desktop
Search. I
have used this program for years without a problem and had
forgotten that it
had recently installed an update. It is one my start programs. If I
disable this program I can compact without a problem. Now I
have to figure
out why this is happening and if it will just take an adjustment to
one of the program settings for everything to work together again.

"Bill Bradshaw" az alábbiakat írta a következő
hírüzenetben: ...
I did try his offline, File-Folder-Compact All Folders and what
happened is it started messing up my email folders and I can not
have that. Fortunately I keep a backup so I was able restore the
folders that were damaged. That is why I am only doing
newsgroups. I am going to set through each folder, both email and
news groups, and compact them individually and see if this helps.