Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/9062-d-link-dp-301u-print.html)

KLS March 21st 06 09:13 PM

D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox

Hi, folks. We've got a home network here with an XP machine and an
Apple Quad PowerPC. We hooked up a D-Link DP-301U print server a
couple weeks ago with our D-Link DL-624 wireless router and were
successful at getting it to print anything the Mac sends to the
Samnsung ML-1430 laserprinter. The XP machine is a different story:
documents sent from Word, Notepad, or IE6 print ok. We can print the
printer test page, too. We *CANNOT* print anything from Outlook 2003,
OE6, or Firefox.

WHAT is the solution to this problem? I disabled 3rd party browser
extensions in IE6, but I can't figure out how or if I should do the
same thing for the three problematic programs.

I'm getting ****ed off enough that I want to take back this somewhat
useless print server. Any suggestions (including take back the
equipment)? Please post here. Thanks a bunch.

Jim Pickering March 21st 06 09:35 PM

D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox

Did you set it up using D-Link's PSAdmin program? If not, download it from
this link and see if it helps:
http://www.dlink.com/products/suppor...0#applications

If not, D-Link offers pretty fair support on their webpage:
http://support.dlink.com/
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

KLS March 22nd 06 01:17 AM

D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox

On Tue, 21 Mar 2006 13:35:34 -0800, "Jim Pickering"
wrote:

Did you set it up using D-Link's PSAdmin program?

I loaded and ran this program on the XP machine, and it does not even
find my print server, which is totally weird since the Mac does find
it and print everything fine. Am I missing something here? The
instruction manual implies that the program should automatically find
the server, but this one isn't.

Jim Pickering March 22nd 06 01:30 AM

D-Link DP-301U print server will not print from Outlook, OE, or Firefox

Not sure about D-Link's print servers, but HPs servers have been getting
some flak for similar problems. It seems they are not truly designed to be
"network print servers." Ask tech support for help, or take it back and get
a refund.