Outlook Express

Old April 29th 09, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
denise s

Default Outlook Express

Please let me know how to send a large media AVI file of 99.7 mb via e-mail.
I currently have Microsoft Express 6.

Thanks

--
denise s
Old April 29th 09, 11:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Outlook Express doesn't care about the size, but your mail server, and
others do. Anything that comes close to 10MBs is about all you're going to
be able to send, and due to encoding, the file size is increased by about
35%. So, the file you want to send is actually about 140MB.

Burn it to CD and snail mail it.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old April 30th 09, 07:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
NormanM

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:33:01 -0700, denise s wrote:

Please let me know how to send a large media AVI file of 99.7 mb via e-mail.
I currently have Microsoft Express 6.

I know of two email services which can handle email with a total size of 20
MB: Windows Live Hotmail Plus, and Yahoo! Mail Plus. Most others are just 10
MB, or less. When sending email between two systems, you will be limited to
the smallest size a system can handle; i.e., Yahoo! Mail Plus to AOL would
be limited to the size that AOL permits. No larger.

You would be best served using an online file transfer service; one where
you are allowed to upload such large files, and give the URL to whomever you
intend to download it. I've not used such a service, so I have no
recommendation.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come