recipients was rejected by server

Old March 19th 06, 07:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dave Sparks

Default recipients was rejected by server

this is the message that i'm receiving. HELP

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'test', Account: ', Server:
'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 Sorry,
that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts.', Port: 80, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Old March 19th 06, 07:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 13:04:16 -0600, Dave Sparks wrote:

this is the message that i'm receiving. HELP

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was '. Subject
'test', Account: ', Server:
'smtpout.secureserver.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '553 Sorry,
that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts.', Port: 80, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 553, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

First, that is a server error, not an MS Outlook Express error. MSOE is
trying to do what you want, but the server is not cooperating.

Port 80 is unusual for SMTP transactions; it is the standard port for HTTP
(Web) service. However, I see that 'smtpout.secureserver.net' does give me
an SMTP server banner in a Telnet session. I do know that you can't use
port 25 on a Bellsouth connection, except to the Bellsouth SMTP server; so
you have to use another port.

I am trying to understand how you have things set up. The server,
'secureserver.net', is a GoDaddy server, for Wild West Domains? It doesn't
seem to like 'bellsouth.net' as a destination domain for some reason.

Is that your real email address? The Bellsouth one. I am going to try to
send you email using that email address. The Bellsouth MX servers seem to
be a bit balky about Telnet connections from my residential IP address; I
want to see how they react to the standard Yahoo! mail server IP address.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come