Compact All Folders - automated setting far less than 100

« no 10,000 | msnews »

Old March 23rd 09, 05:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Default Compact All Folders - automated setting far less than 100

You also back-up your message stores on a very regular basis! eg

Steve Cochran wrote:
I never empty my Deleted Items folder or my Sent Items folder prior to
compacting. I keep my sent messages in my sent items folder and don't
empty
it. I think some recommendations are overdone.

steve

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
[When you open OE one day and find that months of emails are missing,
you'll know why we recommend it.]

Dori A Schmetterling wrote:
I just saw this exchange... why is this emptying recommended?

FWIW I don't.

My Deleted Items always contains one month's worth of messages, i.e. I
delete messages daily are over one month old.

Messages from my Sent box are deleted when I don't need them any more,
for
whatever reason.

I have to be careful about saying this... :-) ...but I don't seem to
have
had many problems of disappearing boxes (my inbox has wholly or partly
disappeared).

I do compact manually and sometimes I break up my Inbox into smaller
chunks
so that I can compact all, instead of selected boxes. I have noted all
the
advice given here (and follow some of it) and am now much more aware of
'how
OE works'.

Cheers.
DAS

---
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote in message
[...]
Do you make sure Sent Items and
Deleted Items folders are empty *before* compacting all folders
manually?
[...]

Old March 25th 09, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dori A Schmetterling

Dear oh dear oh dear!

Nice way to address people who are trying to help you. Perhaps if you paid
them you would not be rude.

DAS

---
"AnnaMarie" wrote in message

[...]
YOU VULTURES
[...]

Old March 25th 09, 08:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Dori A Schmetterling

Dear oh dear oh dear!

Nice way to address people who are trying to help you. Perhaps if you paid
them you would not be rude.

DAS

---
"AnnaMarie" wrote in message