Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

Old March 4th 09, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
WOLLAM

Default Error Number: 0x800CCC6D

In Outlook Express 6.0 wife attempted to send a Group email and which was
returned as undeliverable due to the following error message:

The message could not be sent because its size exceeded the server's limit.
You can use the option, located in Tools | Accounts | Properties | Advanced,
to break messages into smaller parts. Subject 'Hello', Account:
'pop.west.cox.net', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '552 5.2.0 NmhK1b00L3hcpaG04mhKj9 This message was undeliverable.
This message has been found to be a potential spam message, and has therefore
been blocked. Please visit http://coxagainstspam.cox.net for more
information.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 552, Error Number:
0x800CCC6D

This was attempted to a Group of 83 recipients, and the message size is 5kb.
So far, the best Cox could tell me is to check that the 'syntax' of all
recipients in the Group is correct; they are.
Thanks in advance for any and all help.
Old March 4th 09, 02:34 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Looks like a problem with Cox that has not made its way down to the tech
support. See this almost identical post in OE General today. I would call
Cox back and ask to speak to a Tier 2 tech and cite this other persons
issue.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...mg44%40cox.net
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

news

Old March 4th 09, 02:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Repost from related thread (different OP?):

Despite what your ISP says, the message is coming from their server, not OE.

Did you "visit http://coxagainstspam.cox.net for more information" before
you called your ISP??

If you send such a message to 10 or 25 recipients, do you get the same error
message?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old March 4th 09, 05:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

WOLLAM wrote:

[...]

Seems to be a new problem being experienced by Cox users. See:

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...6152dd560b1a3d

Did you try to telnet to their SMTP server on port 25 to see if you can
actually establish a mail session with it?

Are you sending all 83 copies of your e-mail (or a substantial chunk of
them) to recipients at the same domain? If you, you look like a spammer
abusing a personal-use account, especially if the content of each copy
is nearly the same (like when using templates that constitute a majority
of the body of your message) or are exactly the same.

Did you inquire if there were any spam abuse reports issued against your
account?

Old March 4th 09, 06:06 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Sounds like your ISP doesn't allow sending to that many recipients.
They may have a daily limit, or some other filtering on sending similar
messages.

You'll need to do to the Outbox and delete the message(s) if there.

news

Old March 4th 09, 09:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
WOLLAM

Bruce, Thanks for the input, but to no avail. I called Cox and explained the
587 port. We tried that and port 465 as well, but neither seemed to work.
Additionally we tried: disabling all aspects of our virus protection
(McAfee), reset the router and/or modem, changed cabling to bypass the
router, system restore and, using an idea from another forum, ran a full
scan. Nothing works. I tried sending to a smaller Group (13 addresses this
time as opposed to 83 in the email where the issue started); nothing. After
trying the port changes I received the following error codes: 0x800CCC19 and
0x800CCC78. With these codes tech said it was a security issue but could
find no solution.

Oddly, though, my wife was able to receive an email addresses to a few dozen
recipients. She then hit 'Reply All' and it was successful.

I would welcome any and all suggestions as my wife is literally freaking
out. I am going to try one more thing and then call Cox to demand a fix or a
reason. To date they have been able to provide neither.

Thanks Again,
Dan Wollam

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Looks like a problem with Cox that has not made its way down to the tech
support. See this almost identical post in OE General today. I would call
Cox back and ask to speak to a Tier 2 tech and cite this other persons
issue.

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...mg44%40cox.net
--

Bruce Hagen