Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   opening a second internet window from an email link (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/86814-opening-second-internet-window-email.html)

Laura February 23rd 09 08:16 PM

opening a second internet window from an email link

I am having problems with my outlook express...

Any new internet links opened from the email in outlook express 6.0 takes
the window from any previous links. So I need to know how to have those links
open new windows, not any previous ones.

I have interent explorer 7 and windows xp professional.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Laura

Bruce Hagen February 23rd 09 08:28 PM

opening a second internet window from an email link

Asked and answered right here three days ago.

Repost

To open and minimize more than one link in OE at the same time, first close
Outlook Express:

In Internet Explorer: Tools | Internet Options | Advanced. Uncheck: Reuse
windows for launching shortcuts.

Close all programs. In Windows Explorer, or the Control Panel:

Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
Scroll down to {NONE} Internet Shortcut and select it.
Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
Select 'open'.
Click Edit.
Uncheck: Use DDE

Reopen OE and it should now open more than one link at a time.
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Bruce Hagen February 23rd 09 08:52 PM

opening a second internet window from an email link

No. I'm real. But you're welcome anyhow. wink
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

"Laura S." wrote in message