No sound in PPS file in Outlook Express

Old February 23rd 09, 03:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JanH

Default No sound in PPS file in Outlook Express

What would I need to do to have sound in PPS files when opening them in
Outlook Express?
--
Regards Jan
Old February 23rd 09, 05:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

If you save the PPS attachment to your hard-drive and then open it, do you
have sound? Do you have sound in any PPS files you open?

What version of PowerPoint (PP) or PowerPoint Viewer (PPV) are you using?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old February 23rd 09, 10:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JanH

Hi, I have Microsoft PowerPoint Viewer.
If I save them to my documents they work fine, only in Outlook some have
sound and some don't.
--
Regards Jan

Old February 23rd 09, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Are you running PPV 2003 or PPV 2007 (SP1)?

PPS attachments do not open in "Outlook," they open in PowerPoint (Viewer).

[Outlook and Outlook Express are not the same thing so be careful with your
shorthand, please, else you may get incorrect advice.]
--
~PA Bear

Old February 24th 09, 12:51 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Don/Gen

I have PPV97 running on Win98se that will open an OE6 PPS file attachment
with a double click. I just added PPV2007 to my wife's WinXP SP3 laptop and
the only way it will open a PPS file is to save it to her hard drive then do
a double click. I have gone into Folder Options and assured the file
association is correct but when attempting to open the attachment in OE, we
get the file association needs to be made in Folder Option! Seems that
anything M$ 2007 and OE is broken, what else is new.

Don

Old February 24th 09, 12:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Are you and JanH related, Don? If not, please begin a new thread about your
problem. Thanks.

PS: See http://windowsxp.mvps.org/ppsopen.htm