Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Unable to Send or Receive email (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/86462-unable-send-receive-email.html)

ATT new web site with Yahoo February 16th 09 09:21 PM

Unable to Send or Receive email

Since ATT switch to Yahoo base webmail. I am unable to send or receive email
using Outlook or Outlook Express. My original account was with Bellsouth. The
POP3 and SMTP has change to att.yahoo.com, and I continuously receive error
messages.
Has anyone encounter any Outlook-email problems with ATT Yahoo new web mail.

PA Bear [MS MVP] February 16th 09 10:01 PM

Unable to Send or Receive email

Contact your ISP for the correct settings:
http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp...a-cc10612f6d19

Otherwise, post the complete (verbatim) error messages you're getting.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

VanguardLH[_2_] February 17th 09 01:34 AM

Unable to Send or Receive email

ATT new web site with wrote:

... unable to send or receive email ... continuously receive error
messages.

And you want us to guess what are those error messages?

The connection to the server has failed. February 17th 09 04:13 AM

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

Contact your ISP for the correct settings:
http://support.att.net/bellsouth/asp...a-cc10612f6d19

Otherwise, post the complete (verbatim) error messages you're getting.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

ATT new web site with Yahoo wrote:
Since ATT switch to Yahoo base webmail. I am unable to send or receive
email
using Outlook or Outlook Express. My original account was with Bellsouth.
The POP3 and SMTP has change to att.yahoo.com, and I continuously receive
error messages.
Has anyone encounter any Outlook-email problems with ATT Yahoo new web
mail.

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net', Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

PA Bear [MS MVP] February 17th 09 05:58 AM

Unable to Send or Receive email

Please begin a new thread about YOUR problems instead of hijacking someone
else's thread. Thanks.

snip

NormanM February 17th 09 09:45 AM

On Mon, 16 Feb 2009 13:21:00 -0800, ATT new web site with wrote:

Since ATT switch to Yahoo base webmail. I am unable to send or receive email
using Outlook or Outlook Express. My original account was with Bellsouth. The
POP3 and SMTP has change to att.yahoo.com, and I continuously receive error
messages.
Has anyone encounter any Outlook-email problems with ATT Yahoo new web mail.

I don't use MS Outlook, however some have had problems with Outlook 2002, or
Outlook 2003 and the AT&T-Yahoo! servers. Some who have cleared the problem
by applying the latest Service Packs, or deleting personal security
certificates, or uninstalling Windows Live Onecare.

From my perspective, I have had no problems accessing
'pop.att.yahoo.com:995' w/SSL using any of a number of local clients, from
MS Outlook Express 6 to the Mercury/32 'Distributing POP3 Client'.

However, 'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465' w/SSL is another matter. You can only use
the same email address as sender as you used to log in. If you use any other
email address as sender than the log in email address, and you don't jump
through some Yahoo! imposed hoops, you will see a failure.

Currently, none of the SMTP message submission clients I've used with
'smtp.att.yahoo.com:465' w/SSL have failed, except the Mercury/32 'SMTP
Relay Client C', and I can't fix that within the scope of limitations
imposed by Yahoo!.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come

thesteves March 19th 09 01:46 PM

Unable to Send or Receive email

I have had a similar problem. I have spend 1.5 hours on the phone with geek
squad support, 1.5 hours with att and have done everything listed on the
website. I can go in and reset all the info in settings and be able to
send/receive once but not again. Geek Squad says it is an att issue. Att says
it is a virus protection issue. Whoever made the decision at att to switch to
att.yahoo created a very unfriendly user experience even just going through
webmail.