Multiply Addressed On To Line

Old January 18th 09, 07:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bill Bradshaw

Default Multiply Addressed On To Line

Anyway to block messages with multiply addresses on the To line?
--
Bill

Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska.

Old January 18th 09, 07:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

If you mean is there any way in a message rule for OE to tell if there
is more than one e-mail address on an incoming message?

There answer is NO.

You can only check for the presence or absence of a specific e-mail
address (e.g. your own) or partial address (e.g. a domain).

But there's no way to test if there is your address plus one or more
others

Old January 18th 09, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

As in you only want messages addressed to you only?

Tools | Message Rules | Mail | New.

Where the To (and maybe the CC line also?), line contains people.

Delete It & Stop processing more rules, (or Delete it from server and you
will never see the messages).

Click on the blue words Contains People.

Add every letter and number, (0-9), that is /not/ in your address. You must
enter them one-at-a-time and click Add.

OK your way out of the new rule.

You may occasionally see a message that has the exact same letters and
numbers in your address, but that will be seldom.

Some Message Rule Ideas:
http://www.mindspring.com/~majik/messagerules.htm

Some tips:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/tips/rules.htm

Controlling Junk Mail in Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/IE/.../junkmail.mspx

Message Rules not working?:
http://www.insideoe.com/faqs/why.htm#rules
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old January 24th 09, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bill Bradshaw

I asked the question wrong. My bad. I want to block messages that are
being posted to mulitply newgroups and are listed on the To line.

Old January 24th 09, 09:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

OE can't do that.
--

Bruce Hagen