emailing folders

Old January 17th 09, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

Default emailing folders

Hi Group,

I am trying to email images (1024*768*400dpi) to a collegue, unfortunately
he hasn't winzip and is using hotmail.

The problem is that hotmail is downsizing the images down to 680*400.

I was advised to email them in a folder but somehow OE6 won't let me attatch
a folder only the contents.

Please does anyone know of a workaround.

David.

Old January 17th 09, 07:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

See
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...ched-quot.aspx

Depending on the size of the files, you could try renaming each file from,
e.g., MOMPIC.JPG to MOMPIC.TXT and include instructions in message body to
save the attachment(s) & then rename it from, e.g., MOMPIC.TXT to MOMPIC.JPG
before opening it.

Also see
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions...extension.aspx

Hotmail Online Solutions Center (new & replaces all newsgroup & email format
support)
http://windowslivehelp.com/Default.aspx

Solutions for Common Problems
http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions/

Hotmail Community Forums =post here instead!
http://windowslivehelp.com/community/Default.aspx
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old January 17th 09, 08:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

You can't e-mail a folder. You can only e-mail individual files.

What is typically done if you want to send a folder and not have
numerous attachments is to Zip the folder.

If you colleague has Windows XP, he doesn't need Winzip. XP has support
for zip files built in. I suspect the Vista does as well.

No mail program should be altering ay attachments that it receives.

Are you sure that the problem isn't at your end? Have you looked in the
Sent Items folder to make sure that the images are still full size?

Are you attaching the images (File, Insert Attachment) or inserting
images into an HTML message (File, Insert Picture)? You want Insert
as Attachment for best results.

If you are Right clicking images and using Send To Mail Recipient, the
default option is to resize images.

Old January 22nd 09, 09:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alsafa

Why not try to open an account with Sendit! you can upload the image in that
server and it will give the recipient a link to download that image in that
exact size and resolution without changing the image from original quality.

SENDIT.COM

Striker