Outlook Banter

-   Outlook Express (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/)
-   -   Importing OE messages (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-express/81624-importing-oe-messages.html)

Paul Phillips November 12th 08 01:10 AM

Importing OE messages

Is there any way to import OE messages directly from their existing format
into a different copy of OE (after closing down the first one, obviously)?

Thanks.

Bruce Hagen November 12th 08 01:19 AM

Importing OE messages

Define: "different copy of OE". A different identity? Another machine?
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Michael Santovec November 12th 08 04:04 AM

Importing OE messages

Backing Up, Recovering and Restoring Outlook Express versions 5 & 6
Files and Settings
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm

Paul Phillips November 12th 08 09:57 AM

Importing OE messages

Sorry. What happened was this. I copied the relevant OE files on one
computer (using Windows Explorer), and transferred them to my laptop. I am
now a long way from home with only my laptop. I can't seem to import the
files into the Vista version of OE. Isn't there a workaround solution, so
that I can access the email messages?

Thanks.

Ron Sommer November 12th 08 11:27 AM

Importing OE messages

Did you include folders.dbx?

If you didn't include folders.dbx, then you will have to extract the
messages from the dbx file.
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/Default.aspx

--
Ronald Sommer

Bruce Hagen November 12th 08 03:19 PM

Importing OE messages

Import messages into Windows Mail from Outlook Express.

See: Importing from Outlook Express under the Windows Mail section he
http://www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx

Visit the Windows Mail Newsgroup for more specific advice.

In your newsreader:

On the Web:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s.vista.mai l