Problems with "lost" emails. OE-G.mail and Hotmail related.

« send | Inbox »

Old November 12th 08, 01:18 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

Default Problems with "lost" emails. OE-G.mail and Hotmail related.

Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was
wondering
if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.

I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
some of our email.... but not ALL of them.

This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.

Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and
assuming
everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some
possible
causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?

Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

~ david ~

Old November 12th 08, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
[email protected]

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
Do the missing messages show up in your Gmail webpage inbox? Do the missing
messages show up in her Hotmail webpage inbox? If not, OE has nothing to do
with it.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Hi... and NO... they cannot be found ANYWHERE. I am not really
saying anything is the cause of this, including OE. That just happens
to be my email program.

I guess another question would be.... do emails sometimes just get
LOST, for whatever reason, in CYBERSPACE?

The puzzling aspect of this is that I do get MOST of the emails....
maybe 90% or so... but not ALL of them.

Thanks again.

~ david ~
Old November 12th 08, 05:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

The most common cause of missing mail is spam filtering. This can be on
the mail server or the recipient's PC or mail program.

In some cases, the messages end up in the junk/spam/trash/bulk folder on
recipient's web mail.

In some cases, the recipient's mail server bounces the messages back to
the sender where it might be treated as spam.

Old November 13th 08, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

wrote:
paste
Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was
wondering
if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.

I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
some of our email.... but not ALL of them.

This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.

Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and
assuming
everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some
possible
causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?

Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
other...? and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
that would be very much appreciated.

/paste
Do the missing messages show up in your Gmail webpage inbox? Do the
missing messages show up in her Hotmail webpage inbox? If not, OE has
nothing to do with it.

Hi... and NO... they cannot be found ANYWHERE. I am not really
saying anything is the cause of this, including OE. That just happens
to be my email program.

I guess another question would be.... do emails sometimes just get
LOST, for whatever reason, in CYBERSPACE?

The puzzling aspect of this is that I do get MOST of the emails....
maybe 90% or so... but not ALL of them.

Thanks again.

You're welcome, I'm sure. What Michael said.

What you can do about it:

YOU: Add your friend & her Hotmail address to your Gmail contacts, then
carefully check your Gmail Spam folder from now on to make sure her messages
aren't being filtered out of your inbox. (If she's in your contacts, that
shouldn't happen.)

YOUR FRIEND should add you & your Gmail address to her Hotmail contacts.
She should also add your Gmail address to her Safe Senders list. That being
said and given the known-intransigence of Hotmail's anti-spam filters, the
Hotmail servers might still discard any messages sent to her via your Gmail
address.

Old November 13th 08, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
shakey[_2_]

wrote in message
Hi.. I have an interesting and perplexing problem and I was
wondering
if anyone here could possibly shed some light on this for me.

I have a friend that has Hotmail and I have G-mail. Now... we get
some of our email.... but not ALL of them.

This has resulted in me missing dinner invitations and her thinking
that perhaps I was ignoring her emails.

Now... we are both in each others address books correctly and
assuming
everything is OK with how we send them etc.... what are some
possible
causes of this mail just getting lost in Cyberspace?

Is this common? Perhaps Hotlmail and G-mail don't like each
other...? LOL and if anyone could offer some possible solutions
that would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

~ david ~

Be sure she has something in subject line and at least one word of TEXT in
body or some ISP's will filter it out.
SG