Outlook Express

Old November 6th 08, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
S1W18

Default Outlook Express

Been using OE for years. Normal operation ... reading an email, click on
someone's email address, and it takes you to a new email window. End of story.

Now, out of the blue, it is taking me to an email editor associated with
Outlook. I have never even activated or used Outlook, and don't want to
start. What did I do wrong, and how do I fix?

Thanks for any help.
--
s1w18
Old November 6th 08, 06:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

If you don't use Outlook, remove it.

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Restores OE to the E-mail clients list in Internet Options
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/oe_client.htm

If you have MS Outlook installed, also see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13

"Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as Default:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express