Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

« BOOST | post folder »

Old October 28th 08, 12:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Marc[_5_]

Default Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me sort this one out...?;

I got the following message when trying to send an email from outlook
express;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was (removed for privacy, it doesn't
matter what email address i try to send to, same message comes up). Subject
'Read: Item number: 150305184567_proof copy enclosed', Account:
'imap.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 must be authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

thanks for any help

Marc

Old October 28th 08, 03:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Two possibilities he

1. You're not connected to the internet via 1and1.co.uk (ISP) when you're
sending; or...

2. Your account isn't configured correctly in OE. Check
with your ISP.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin

Old October 28th 08, 10:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
debora bini

"Marc" ha scritto nel messaggio
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me sort this one out...?;

I got the following message when trying to send an email from outlook
express;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (removed for privacy, it
doesn't matter what email address i try to send to, same message comes
up). Subject 'Read: Item number: 150305184567_proof copy enclosed',
Account: 'imap.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol:
SMTP, Server Response: '550 must be authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

thanks for any help

Marc

Old October 29th 08, 04:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

The message says:

Server Response: '550 must be authenticated'

In OE this is specified in Tools, Accounts, Mail, Properties, Servers,
Outgoing Mail Server, My Server Requires Authentication.

"Marc" wrote in message
Hi, wonder if anyone can help me sort this one out...?;

I got the following message when trying to send an email from outlook
express;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was (removed for
privacy, it doesn't matter what email address i try to send to, same
message comes up). Subject 'Read: Item number: 150305184567_proof copy
enclosed', Account: 'imap.1and1.co.uk', Server:
'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 must be
authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error
Number: 0x800CCC79

thanks for any help

Marc

Old October 29th 08, 05:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:23:38 -0000, Marc wrote:

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me sort this one out...?;

I got the following message when trying to send an email from outlook
express;

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by
the server. The rejected e-mail address was (removed for privacy, it doesn't
matter what email address i try to send to, same message comes up). Subject
'Read: Item number: 150305184567_proof copy enclosed', Account:
'imap.1and1.co.uk', Server: 'auth.smtp.1and1.co.uk', Protocol: SMTP, Server
Response: '550 must be authenticated', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

thanks for any help

The part about, "550 must be authenticated" is very explicit. In MSOE, Tools
| Accounts | Mail, click on the "Properties" button for the affected
account. On the "Servers" tab there is a section labeled, "Outgoing Mail
Server", with a box labeled, "My server requires authentication". Put a
check in that box.

--
Norman
~Shine, bright morning light,

Old October 30th 08, 03:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Richard in AZ

Had a customer with exactly the same problem. Turned out his "identity" was corrupted.
Created a new "identity" for him and Outlook Express work perfectly.
We then imported his address book and all mail from the old (Default) identity and deleted the old
identity.