address book for outlook express 6 for windows xp sp3

Old October 4th 08, 04:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Mary

Default address book for outlook express 6 for windows xp sp3

I'm in oe hell...pls help...i can not open any of my emails...I get a pop up
that says...The address book failed to load. oe is incorrectly configured.
please re-install ..i click ok and i get..There was an error opeining this
messagte an error has occured...I tried downloading oe 6 but it says i can't
because i have a newer ie than what i was trying to download. I'm going in
circles.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!
Old October 4th 08, 05:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Courtesy of Michael Santovec:
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

All of those have the same cause. Something is screwed up with your address
book.

It could be any of several specific problems, which include:
- corrupted WAB file
- corrupted or mismatched DLL files for the address book
- having OE set to use the Outlook98/2000+ contacts instead of the WAB
file and there is something wrong at the Outlook end

For specifics, take a look at:

Err Msg: The Message Could Not Be Sent. Some recipients not valid
(Outlook Express: There was an error opening this message)
(The Address Book failed to load. OE is incorrectly configured)
(Corrupted or mismatched WAB32.DLL file)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239135
OLEXP: Error Message: Address Book Failed to Load
(There was an error opening this message)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269777
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310873
OLEXP: MSIMN Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Wab32.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247706
Err Msg: Address Book Failed To Load, Outlook Express Is...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191946
Err Msg: Unable to Open Address Book, a Component Is Missing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=192321

The Windows Address Book (WAB)
http://www.insideoe.com/files/wab.htm

To share Contacts between Outlook and Outlook Express
http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/oeshare.htm
--

Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old October 4th 08, 07:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear [MS MVP]

Is MS Outlook also installed?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

Old October 4th 08, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

MARY wrote:

I'm in oe hell...pls help...i can not open any of my emails...I get a pop up
that says...The address book failed to load. oe is incorrectly configured.
please re-install ..i click ok and i get..There was an error opeining this
messagte an error has occured...I tried downloading oe 6 but it says i can't
because i have a newer ie than what i was trying to download. I'm going in
circles.....PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Do a file search on "*.wab". When you find it, double-click on it. Did
it open okay?